Ever wish you had paid more attention in seminary? Struggling with preparing a sermon? GuideStone President O.S. Hawkins wants to help pastors with useful resources to help them as they serve the Lord.
With more than a quarter century of pastoral leadership, Hawkins makes available some of his most popular sermon outlines for pastors, Sunday school teachers and other Bible study leaders. These free resources can help you as you prepare your sermon or lesson each week.
When God called Jonah to go to Nineveh to preach against sin, Jonah replied, “Here I am…send someone else. I’m on my way to Tarshish!”
I. Jonah’s call was —
- Personal — God called Jonah, a real person, for a special task.
- Pointed — God told Jonah exactly where he wanted him to go — to Nineveh.
- Purposeful — God instructed Jonah to preach against the wickedness of Nineveh.
II. Jonah’s fall was —
- Calculated — Jonah bought a ticket and boarded a ship bound for Tarshish.
- Continuous — Jonah went down to Joppa; he went down into the ship; he went down into the sea; he went down into the belly of the fish.
- Costly — Jonah’s trip was more expensive than he ever dreamed.
God still calls us today. May we reply, “Here am I…send me!”