Here am I... send someone else!
When God called Jonah to go to Nineveh to preach against sin, Jonah replied, “Here I am…send someone else. I’m on my way to Tarshish!”
I. Jonah’s call was —
- Personal — God called Jonah, a real person, for a special task.
- Pointed — God told Jonah exactly where he wanted him to go — to Nineveh.
- Purposeful — God instructed Jonah to preach against the wickedness of Nineveh.
II. Jonah’s fall was —
- Calculated — Jonah bought a ticket and boarded a ship bound for Tarshish.
- Continuous — Jonah went down to Joppa; he went down into the ship; he went down into the sea; he went down into the belly of the fish.
- Costly — Jonah’s trip was more expensive than he ever dreamed.
God still calls us today. May we reply, “Here am I…send me!”